Monday, February 6, 2017

Why going on a run ruined my life.

Hello dear blog loving friends, I regret that I haven't blogged in quite sometime but recently I made a choice that has had SEVERE consequences.

This Sunday, I (for the first time in a while) woke up on time and made it to church EARLY! This gave me the opportunity to have ample time to sip my coffee before the service started and the option to have the food of the Lord, mini powdered sugar donuts. But I, being the healthy and sporty gal I am, thoughtfully passed up this opportunity of a life time, and stuck to my coffee with only ONE creamer (I know, I'm basically a vegan).
This day was off to a great start, at this rate I might start liking Zoe's Kitchen and doing yoga in my free time. But then, I got a little ahead of myself and thought, "Wow! What a nice day! I should go on a run and then I'll get ahead on homework!" I put on my running shoes and began to show off my washed-up high school athlete abilities as I ran two miles in what felt like a very brief period of time (but it's not like I timed it I'm not a professional or anything). I walked into my residence hall and passed a group of girls wearing Lululemon, head to toe and wasn't even a little intimidated. I was health and beauty embodied.
Then, things took a turn for the worst, as I sat down on the floor to recover and felt my trash lifestyle creeping back in. I sat there on my phone for AN HOUR watching cooking videos on Facebook (even though the closest I get to cooking is making Ramen in my Keurig) and did no homework. Then I got up, took a shower, made some Keurig Ramen, and watched more Facebook videos for the rest of the day. Later that night when I finally got around to doing half-way productive things, my muscles began to ache and I was assaulted by a level of fatigue that was completely unreasonable after only running two miles. I came to the conclusion I had fractured my ankle and come down with a severe case of mono. It was the only logical explanation.
But it didn't stop there, today, most of my classes were canceled (which gave me time to do that homework I didn't do right?), so I took two naps in between my otherwise hectic schedule and spent my dinner break laying on my best friends' couch out of exhaustion, belting Adele and eating Chick-fil-a that I can't afford. I then made my way to Sing practice and was railed with soreness, so much so that my brain became a little foggy. I COMPLETELY forgot the dances I have been working on for a month now, and stood there flailing my arms in an attempt to blend in as my mind was a completely blank slate with no choreography memories in sight. 
These events have pointed me to the only conclusion I can understand, that running ruins your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment